Search This Blog

Thursday, February 25, 2016

MOD - Electrical Management Systems (EMS)


I have had a TRC external Electrical Management Systems (EMS) before, it worked well but the display failed. The manufacture refused to assist, however it was 3 month out of the 1 year warranty. The were not very responsive to emails or calls.

So after doing research I decided to try Progressive Industries EMS-HW30C. I did a related mod at the same time, MOD - Making the 30 amp Cord Detachable.  Progressive has a lifetime warranty.



 
This is the factory original install. The 30 amp cord mod has not been done yet in these photos.




On the left is the junction box as was originally installed, on the right I show where I relocated it to create a junction box before the EMS to facilitate the 30 amp Detached cord in the rear and a future 30 Amp Socket on the tongue. I can plug in from the rear or front, not both simultaneously. This also makes it easy to plug the rig via generator for the truck bed.

 

I installed the EMS where the junction box was originally and moved the junction to the horizontal brace about the EMS.


This is the final product with the remote display mounted. This makes everything serviceable and I can still see the display from the rear door without getting in while setting up.





No comments:

Post a Comment