Search This Blog

Saturday, August 20, 2016

Whole House Water Filter for Jayco White Hawk 27DSRL


I wanted to add a whole house water filter to the StormPOD for easy and clean setups and lower operating costs after two seasons. Because the Jayco White Hawk 27 DSRL does not have wet bay and the city water inlet is on the street side while the fresh water tank fill is on the curb side, this presented me with an interesting mod opportunity.

In the future I will drop the underbelly and plumb a line to the the fresh water tank. I have plans to add more water protection to this compartment. Also when winterizing  and sanitizing I remove the filter cartridge. The filter has a bypass mode as well that I use during winterizing.

2 filters for $10 vs $25 for two RV blue filters. I get many more gallons per filter than the RV blue filters.

I can also permanently put a water pressure regulator inline.

This mod done in a Lowes parking lot to lower the time it will take because I do not know what I am doing.


Completed view inside the compartment. Still room for 2 spare filters,  leaf blower to clear slide and wheel chocks.

Filter removal tool on left wall.  On the left I add plywood (11 3/4"x24"x1/2"), this sits on the floor to support the weight, and give me something solid to mount to. I used flat L hardware to hold it in place. I added a block to mount the hose bib to.

Discharge from compartment allows a hose to be thrown under the rig to fill the fresh water tank using the same filter.


All 1/2" pex matching what was used by factory. We have no noticeable pressure loss.

No permanent changes were made to the factory setup.

Whole House Water Filter with filter removal tool. Blue pan is to catch a small amount of water that is lost when changing filters.

2 comments:

  1. Periodically, you will need to replace the filter. Generally, this consists of a cartridge, which is easy to remove and install. Most of them require that you unscrew the cover of the filter and then remove the cartridge under sink water filtration

    ReplyDelete